It looked at me, with cold dead eyes, it sat there starring. I tried to look away, but I couldn't, my body wouldn't allow it, I was in a state of complete paralysis. The only thing that allowed me to move was the sudden vibrating of my phone as it lit up with a text message from my brother. I looked at it with awe as all it said was "don't move, don't go anywhere, stay in your room and keep looking out of your window, don't take your eyes off of it." I panicked and went to my door to see the hallway dark and empty, I slammed the door and struggled to lock it as I was trembling with fear, but finally I succeeded. As I came back though, it was gone, without a trace, no footsteps, nothing, where had it gone? I didn't care I still felt safe, as I was in my house and it was outside. All seemed calm for the moment, until the security system screeched "front door open." I felt my stomach drop, it was in the house, no one except me and whatever it was, no man, no animal, it had no soul, no heart, nothing, whatever it was......all it had was me trapped inside my own house....
I finally looked at my phone again, another text notification appeared, this time it read "I know it's inside the house. I called the police. Mom and dad can't find out about this, do not call or text them, we have to handle this on our own...." As I was about to ask him what this was all about, I heard the creaking of the stairs. My heart stopped, I instantly went stiff, I turned slowly around to look at the door and all I could hear was the steps of the creature with every creak as it seemed to claw its way up the stairs. Every step made my heart beat faster and faster, until it all stopped, I waited to see what would happen, but nothing happened, it was silent, so silent my ears started to ring. I ran to my closet to grab a old baseball bat to use for protection, but I didn't know if the fear inside would allow me to swing at the beast. I must have moved too fast and made too much noise, because next thing I knew it was coming to my room, scraping at the wall as it came closer and closer to me.....
It stopped and all I could hear was the creature taking deep slow breaths, it just sat there, until it spoke to me. It was nearly a growl as it said "you know what you two did, you caused this to happen." I screamed back "I didn't do anything, I don't know what you are, leave me alone!" All it said was "Fine then face your consequences" and it was gone. It was over, it was all over, I was safe, it was gone. I looked outside and it was gone, I swept my way through the house and found nothing. I felt like a weight was lifted from my chest, I thought everything was good, everything was fine now. Then my phone lit up with another text, It was my brother again..........and all it read was "what.......what did you do. they're gone......they're all gone....."

No comments:
Post a Comment